Applications for the Fully Funded Commonwealth Fellowship for Medical in Uk are now open. The aim of these fellowships is to help medical professionals who are at mid career level. Medical staff belonging to low income or middle income countries so they can enhance their skills.
These fully funded medical Scholarships are included in the CSFP Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan Scheme. The CSFP is one of the largest scholarships and fellowships awarding scheme in the world. It provides a large number of scholarships to people who belong to the Commonwealth area.
About Commonwealth Fellowship for Medical:
This program of scholarships and fellowships is one of the largest programs in the world. It was established in 1959. And from then till now they have given scholarships and fellowships to 35,000 individuals from which 27,000 were funded by the UK government through CSC.
Their main purpose for starting this program is that they can provide such an opportunity to the medical students in which they can enhance their medical skills and they have a catalytic effect on their places where they work. And this program is funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID).
You May Apply For Summer School in Czech Republic 2020.
- Location: United kingdom
- Program type: Medical fellowship
- Program level: Mid career professionals
- Scholarship type: Fully funded
- Deadline: 23 March 2020
People from Commonwealth countries can apply. This is a list of all the Commonwealth countries.
- Antigua and Barbuda
- The Gambia
- Papua New Guinea
- St Helena
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
- Applicants must be a citizen of or have a refugee status at one of the Commonwealth countries (list given above) or have British protection.
- Applicants must be the permanent residents in one of the Commonwealth countries.
- Applicants must be at an academic position at a medical school in one of the Eligible countries. (The medical school must be recognized by the world directory of medical schools.
- Applicants must also be employed by a hospital related to one of the medical school where they have the appointment.
- Applicants should have become a doctor before October 1 ,2005.
- Applicants should have the qualification of a medical school that has been recognized by the world directory of medical schools.
- Applicants primary medical qualification should have been verified by ECFMG for General Medical Council by the date of 31 August 2020.
- Applicants should also meet the English language requirements by the general medical council by the date of 31 August 2020.
Commonwealth Fellowship for Medical covers:
- Airfare cost (approved by the CSC) from your country to UK and then from UK back to your country
- A stipend for cost of living worth £1,696 every month or £2,104 every month ( depending on the area of residence)
- Fee of one English language test and the General Medical Council Registration will be reimbursed
- Allowance for warm clothes
- A travel study grant
- A grant to support your research
- If you bring your children with you (on your own expenses ) , and are either divorced, widowed or a single parent , you will also get a child allowance for children under 16 years of age as (£466 every month for the first child, £114 every month for the second and third).
All Documents will be submited Online:
- You must have a valid passport or national ID card in which your photograph you country citizenship and your date of birth is clearly visible.
- All your university transcripts and the certificates in which your date of qualification of your primary degree is visible.
- An academic reference is required from the head of your teaching hospital department.
- All your references will be submitted by the referee online (they will receive an email where they have to submit the reference).
- Endorsement by your Medical School Dean (Dean have to submit it online when Dean gets the email).
- Must submit a supporting statement from a proposed supervisor in the UK university Hospital. (directly submit to CSC, Supervisor will get an email).
23 March 2020 is the last date to Apply For Commonwealth Fellowship for Medical 2020.
How to Apply:
Commonwealth Fellowship for Medical student’s Application Link is given below:
Once you have submitted all the documents and the online form. Then a Selection process will run through which you will be selected.
Selection Process will check:
- Academic Merit.
- Quality of the proposal that you have submitted (proposal must have more than 200 words).
- The potential impact of the work on the development of the home country of the applicant.
Official Website: Click Here
Last Updated: 25 Feb 2020