IUCEA invites East African Community (EAC) nationals who wish to pursue Master’s studies in a partner state other than their home state to apply for cohort three of the KfW Scholarships. The Applications are invited to apply for the EAC Scholarship program.
EAC Scholarship is a 100% Fully Funded Opportunity and it provides Tuition fees, Medical Insurance, Air tickets,s and much more. I’m going to share detailed information below.
EAC Scholarship program encourages applications from women and persons with disabilities. Women will make up at least 30% of the students enrolled in this program, and Burundians and South Sudanese women applicants will receive special consideration.
Scholarships for African students are funded by KfW for a period of two years. Applicants to master’s degree programs at the universities of EAC member states, other than their home universities, must have received an offer of admission.
About the EAC Scholarship program:
The EAC Scholarship Programme is an initiative of the East African Community (EAC) and the Federal Republic of Germany. As part of the project, the EAC Secretariat and Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA) entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with KfW (German Development Bank) regarding the training of students within the East African Community.
In all, 63 scholarships will be available to students from the East African Community in the academic year 2021-2022.
- Location: Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Uganda
- Program: Masters Scholarship
- Opportunity: Fully Funded
- Duration: 02 Years
- Deadline: 17 Sept 2021
EAC Scholarship program Benefits:
The scholarship covers the following:
- Return Economy air ticket.
- University tuition fees
- Stipend: EUR380 per month.
- Study Allowances: EUR 1,500.
- Medical insurance
- Extracurricular events
Fields, Programs, and Universities List:
I have mentioned complete information about the All fields, masters programs list, and Universities list:
1. Available Fields:
Scholarships will be available for the following Master’s programs:
- Business Science
2. Eligible Masters programs:
- Advanced Manufacturing and Automation Engineering
- Leather Technology
- Public Infrastructures Management
- Zoology, Entomology and Fisheries Science
- Technology, Innovation, and Industrial Development
- Mechanical Engineering
- Quantitative Economics
- Medical Lab science
- Administration with I.T
- Human Resource Management
- Food Science & Technology
- Geothermal Energy Technology
- Crop Protection (Plant Pathology)
- Integrated Soil Fertility Management
- Applied Mathematics
- Business Administration
- Science in ICT
- Conservation and Natural Resources Management
- Business Management
- Master of Arts in Cooperative and Community Development
- Master of Arts in Procurement and Supply Management
- Irrigation Engineering and Management
- Information Technology
- Petroleum GeoSciences
3. Available Universities List:
- Kenya: Dedan Kimathi University of Technology, Kenyatta University, Kibabii University, and the University of Nairobi.
- Rawanda: INES- Ruhengeri.
- Tanzania: Moshi Co-operative University, Sokoine University of Agriculture, and the University of Dodoma.
- Uganda: Kyambogo University, Makerere University, and Mbarara University of Science & Technology, Uganda
You must apply in Summer Exchange program in Germany 2022
Eligibility Criteria of EAC Scholarship program:
In order to qualify for the Programme, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a national of an East African Community partner state;
- At the time of application, be under 35 years of age
- The equivalent of Upper Second-Class Honors or “Distinction”, depending on the area;
- A student who has gotten acceptance from an institution in a country outside the EAC region.
- Please submit a motivation letter in English (no more than 500 words) as follows:
The article was well written (Grammarly and professionally).
The motivation you have for pursuing the Master’s Programme you have chosen is persuasive
Provides sufficient evidence that the applicant anticipates being involved with the EAC integration agenda once the Master’s program is completed
In the context of the EAC Integration Agenda, demonstrate how they will apply the acquired knowledge and skills acquired from the M.A.
Provides a vision of their professional and academic goals in 5 and 10 years.
- Copies of all attachments to the university application.
- Singed CV
- Attested Copies of Degrees
- Attested Copies of Transcripts
- Recent Passport Size Photograph
- National Identity Card/Passport/Birth Certificate
- Medical reports, letters of reference, etc.
You must apply for Chevening Scholarships in UK 2022 – Fully Funded
How to apply for the EAC Scholarship program?
It is necessary for applicants to apply separately for university admission and scholarship. An applicant may apply to multiple universities and/or programs, but they must fill out application forms for each program separately.
Application for admission to the university:
Step 1: Choose an eligible program for enrollment.
Step 2: You’ll need to fill out the form for admission to the university you want to attend (available on the university’s website). The application fee for the University must be paid.
Step 3: Send the completed university application form and your supporting documents to the university indicating your intention to apply for the EAC Scholarship Program.
Notes: Candidates are eligible to apply to multiple universities. Candidates may apply to more than one program; however, each form must be submitted separately and with attached supporting documentation.
Application for the EAC Scholarship:
Note: Email Subject line as; YOUR NAME, PROGRAMME APPLIED FOR AND UNIVERSITY
(e.g. Albert Peter, MBA at Mbarara University of Science & Technology, Uganda).
17 Sept 2021 is the last date to apply for the EAC Scholarship program.