Fully Funded Fellowship at Oxford Center for Islamic Studies:
Fully funded fellowships are offered at the Oxford Center for Islamic Studies. This fully funded fellowship is offered by Chevening through a collaboration between Oxford center for Islamic studies and UK Foreign and Commonwealth offices. Selected applicants will carry out a self-driven independent research that will focus on their own project related to civilization and culture of Islam / current Muslim societies.
The fellowship is offered for academics or professionals pursuing a career that is related to academic activities and at the same time encourages understanding of the current Muslim societies and their culture.
Duration: 6 months
Fellowship starts: October 2019
Fully funded fellowship covers:
- Return economy tickets from home country to the uk.
- Six-month log research
- Living expenditure during those 6 months
- A specific allowance for activities related to the research
Fully Funded Fellowship eligibility:
Applications are open for fellows from the following countries : Afghanistan , Algeria , Bangladesh, Kazakhstan, Pakistan, Azerbaijan , Uzbekistan , Egypt, Philippines , Turkey, Morocco, Nigeria, Indonesia, The Occupied Palestinian Territories , Sudan , Turkmenistan, Jordan, Tunisia, Syria, Kyrgyzstan, Libya.
- Demonstrate potential to achieve a leadership role
- Have 5 or more years of academic / professional research experience
- Hold a post graduate degree or professional experience or training that is equivalent to it
- Not hold a British nationality (even if the applicant holds dual nationality)
- Meet the minimum English language ability criteria for a chevening award
- Not be former / current / relatives of employees of Her Majesty’s Government
- Committed to returning to their home countries after fellowship