Erasmus Mundus Joint Master’s Degree Program EMJD is a scholarships that let’s selected students study a Master’s degree program in two or more European countries. This is a fully funded program that pays for everything. There are many different scholarships offered under the Erasmus Mundus Program. One such scholarship is that of GEMMA.
What is GEMMA?
GEMMA stands for Erasmus Mundus Master’s degree in Women and Gender Studies. People selected through this program are given the chance to study the subject of Women and Gender Studies in Europe. Applications for the next edition of Gemma will open soon.
- Program Type: Scholarship
- Program Level: Postgraduate
- Location: Europe
- Deadline: Not specified
Students selected in the GEMMA Erasmus Mundus Scholarship can select to complete their Master’s in any two partner universities. This means that the student will study tgeir 1st year of Masters in one university and the 2nd year in another.
Following is a list of the partner universities
- University of Granada, Spain
- University of Oviedo, Spain
- Central European University, Hungary
- University of Bologna, Italy
- University of Utrecht, Netherlands
- University of Lodz, Poland
- University of Hull, United Kingdom
- University of York, United Kingdom
GEMMA was established through the combined attempt of several well reputed universities working within the ATHENA network. It specializes in bringing together advancement and approaches towards feminism all into one platform from all cardinal points in Europe. Being a joint broad programme, GEMMA provides the highest class of academic education necessary for people who plan to work in the area of Women and Gender Studies.
- The Scholarship Candidates must have a Higher education degree or a recognized equivalent medium of learning approved by the national practices.
- Students who have already been gifted an opportunity at the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship are not eligible to apply for a second time for the same or any other different Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
- Students who already have an EMJMD Scholarship are not regarded as eligible to pursue another EU grant while they currently pursue their Erasmus Mundus Master’s study
- A student agreement would be signed before the emergence of the program and an annex that will confirm that they meet all eligibility criteria necessary for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
Gemma Erasmus Scholarship Covers:
- The Program’s tuition fees and participation costs
- The Scholarship also provides a monthly stipend contribution (£1000 during the 24 month duration of the programme)
- Yearly contribution to the travel and installation costs
- The grants to the students are paid through specific arrangements through the GEMMA Consortium
How to Apply:
Applications for the next edition of Gemma will be opening soon. Install our app to get a notification when the applications open!
You May Read: 7 Ways to Increase your Chances of Getting a Scholarship
How do I submit my application?
A: Application for participation in GEMMA with or without scholarship should be submitted online through the GEMMA website
Is it necessary to have a previous academic degree related to the Women´s and Gender Studies in order to be admitted to GEMMA?
A: Considering that GEMMA is an interdisciplinary programme, therefore no specific credentials or previous education in women and gender studies is required.
Official Link: Click Here