Global Photography Contest 2019:
The International Union For Conservation of Nature is now accepting entries for its Global Photography Contest 2019. This Global photography contest is the perfect opportunity for established or aspiring photographers to get global recognition for their photography skills. IUCN is holding this global photography contest through its Commission on Ecosystem management and Thematic group on Red List Ecosystem (RLE).
Passion for Photography:
If you’re someone with a passion for photography, this is the perfect opportunity for you to get your work exhibited on a global level. This photography contest can get worldwide recognition for your photography work and can lead to a bright career in photography!
Here’s what you have to do:
You have to capture a picture of an event or place in nature that has left an impression on you, be it due to its beauty or uniqueness. The photographs submitted by applicants must be related to ‘My Place in Nature Theme’ and the two modalities:
- Individual Photo
The theme of Contest:
The theme of the Global photography contest 2019: My Place In Nature
Eligibility Criteria of Global Photography Contest 2019:
All photographers and people aspiring to be photographers can apply!
- The photographs which make it to the final round will be displayed at The International Union for Conservation of Nature Conservation Conference, which will be held in France.
- The photograph that wins the contest will be published online, at the IUCN Website as well as social media platforms, resulting in worldwide publicity.
- More prizes might be given to the winners if they become available.
How to apply:
- Complete and submit the online application form given below
- You must have all the information regarding the photographs you are submitting, for example, their title, location, country, and date.
- The format of the submitted photographs must be JPG or PNG
- In case you do not own a google account or can’t register with it, fill out this spreadsheet (Click here for Sheet), and email it to email@example.com. along with the photograph/s you want to submit.
- In case a minor photographer is interested in taking part in the Global Photography Contest, they will have to fill and submit the parental consent form along with the application.
Parental Consent Form:
Official Rules of the Global Photography Contest 2019:
- Every photographer can submit up to 2 individual photographs
- Every photographer can submit up to 2 series of photos (which means 10 photographs in total)
- Every photographer is allowed to submit photographs under both of the modalities – up to 12 images in total
- Photographers taking part in the Global photography contest 2019 are allowed to submit photographs of any ecosystem – be it freshwater, marine, terrestrial etc.
- Only original images should be submitted
- Submitted images must not have received an award in any other contests.
Only digital images will be accepted, but images do not need to have been taken with a digital camera. Images that have been retouched using software or by other means will be accepted, but it is not permitted to add or remove objects to/from the image or otherwise to alter the image so that it misrepresents the reality of the scene it depicts. Both color and monochrome images will be accepted.
- File format: PNG or JPG.
- File resolution: 300 dpi.
- Minimum image size: 15 cm per 30cm.
- Maximum file size: 20 Mb.
Read more rules are available at (Contest Rule).
Official Link: iucnrle.org
30th April 2019 is the last date of this Opportunity, so Apply before the deadline.
More Fully Funded Opportunities:
In case you’re interested in Fully Funded Opportunities around the world, check out the following: