Internship in Tokyo 2019:
University of Tokyo Research Internship Program (UTRIP) summer internship program is a Fully Funded Internship in Tokyo 2019, Japan. The Graduate School of Science (GSS) of the University of Tokyo started this research internship for students who wish to pursue advanced degrees in Tokyo, Japan in the future.
Duration of Fully Funded Internship:
This internship program is 6 weeks long from:
- June 13 to July 24, 2019 – 1st Batch
- June 27 to August 7, 2019 – 2nd Batch
This internship is for natural science or related fields.
To be eligible to apply for this internship applicants must
- If English isn’t the applicant’s first language, test scores of TOEFL or IELTS are required
- Applicants must have completed at least one year of their bachelor’s degree
- Applicants must be pursuing a degree in natural science or related fields
- Applicants whose education has been done in an English medium institution for the past 8 years do not need to prove their English proficiency
- Be committed to spending 6 weeks in Japan
- An effective health insurance plan is to be presented by the applicant before their arrival in Japan
- Have at least one semester left in their bachelor’s degree
This is a Fully Funded Internship in Tokyo:
- Applicants from Asia / Eastern Russia / Oceania & Pacific Regions will receive a scholarship of 140,000JPY which will cover all their travel expenses and daily expenses in Japan.
- Applicants from Europe / Western Russia / North America will receive a scholarship of
160,000JPY which will cover all their travel expenses and daily expenses in Japan.
- Applicants from Latin America & the Caribbean / Africa / Middle East will receive a scholarship of 170,000JPY which will cover all their travel expenses and daily expenses in Japan.
NOTE: As part of the GSS-UTRIP Scholarship, free housing will be provided for the duration of the stay of 43 nights
Following documents are required to be submitted with the application:
- A recommendation letter
- Academic transcripts
- A personal statement which should include answers to these questions.
- Whether you are thinking of applying to the Graduate School of Science at the University of Tokyo after you graduate from your current university, citing your reasons
- Your reasons for selecting the particular research project(s) in the UTRIP program, and what you hope to gain from this experience
- What makes you qualified for the particular research project(s), briefly highlighting your skills and experience when they are specifically required by the faculty member(s) of your choice, or when they appear to be helpful to conduct research in the laboratory(ies) that you have selected
You can read about: How to Write an Impressive SOP
How to apply for Fully Funded Internship in Tokyo:
To apply for this internship, you are required to fill the application given below
Deadline: 10th January 2019 Japan Standard Time (GMT+0900).
The recommendation form must be completed online by the recommendation deadline of 17:00 on 17 January 2019, Japan Standard Time (GMT+0900).
Official link: s.u-tokyo.ac.jp