Thomson Reuters Foundation in collaboration with the Institute for Advancement of Journalists is now accepting applications for a Fully Funded Journalism workshop in Cape Town Africa. This is an opportunity for journalists who are based anywhere in Africa and are interested in knowing how their country is losing money due to illicit means.
Selected applicants will be taken to attend a 5-day workshop and a three-day long conference related to the topic of illicit flow of finances in Cape Town, South Africa.
Full Opportunities Network is sharing the latest Opportunities for international students & youth. You can also apply for the other International Opportunities Humane studies fellowship for Ph.D. Students 2020 & Erasmus Exchange Program for Young Entrepreneurs 2020.
- Location: Cape Town, South Africa
- Program: Journalism workshop
- Funding type: fully funded
- Organization: Wealth of nations- Illicit Finance (NORAD) by Thomson Reuters Foundation
- Theme: Reporting on Illicit Finance in Africa
- Duration: 5 days
- Dates: 03 February – 7th February 2020
- Deadline: 26th November 2019
- Applicants must be journalists who are based in Africa and are working with African media organizations.
- Applicants must be fluent in the English Language.
- Must have at least 2 years of professional experience.
- Freelancers and staff journalists both can apply. However, in case you are a journalist working for a news organization, you will need the permission of your editor to apply to the program.
- Applicants must be willing to spend a lot of time working on stories related to illicit finance.
- Applicants who have previously attended a Wealth of Nations program or received TRF training in the last year can NOT apply.
Fully Funded Program Covers:
- Economy class airfare.
- Local transport.
- Some of the selected applicants will be selected for the mentoring scheme and provided a grant of up to $500 to cover a story.
- A 5-day workshop on the theme of illicit financing, techniques of investigations, accounts and reporting on companies.
- A 3-day conference (during the workshop days) on financial flows of illicit money.
- Participants will have to give one or more story ideas that they want to work on and experienced journalists will help the participants in pursuing their stories.
Applicants must fill the online form and also submit 2 work samples and a letter from your editor that consents to publishing the story you will produce through this program.
26 November 2020, is the last date to apply for Journalism Workshop in Cape Town.
How to Apply:
There is an online application form and Link is given below:
Best of Luck ❤️😘
You May Apply For:
- Essay Writing Competition 2019 by Full Opportunities
- Summer Exchange Program in USA 2020 (Fully Funded)
- SCS Scholarship Tsinghua University China 2020 (Fully Funded)
- University Of Waikato Excellence Scholarship 2020
Full Opportunities Network highly encourages Students to apply for the Journalism Workshop in Cape Town. We wish you all the best and feel free to contact us via email or Online Chat in case of any queries or confusion! Let us help you succeed!
Last Updated: 20 Nov 2019