NBP or National Bank of Pakistan is now offering NBP student loans to deserving students within Pakistan. Different types of loans are available under this scheme.
NBP Student Loans:
The Aim of these loans is to help deserving students Excel in their educational careers. These student loans are available for under Graduate, Postgraduate and Ph.D. level of Education.
- Program type: Student Loan
- Program level: undergraduate, Graduate, PhD
- Repayment Period: 10 years maximum
- Application Deadline: 5th March 2020
- Applicants must have secured at least 70% marks in the last public exams they gave.
- Applicants must be deserving students I.e. they should apply only if they are unable to continue their education due to financial issues
- Applicants must have obtained admission on merit and normal process in one of the public sector universities mentioned in the list below
- Applicants must be studying one of the “Eligible fields of study” (list given below)
- Applicants applying for a loan for an undergraduate degree not be older than 21 years
- Applicants applying for a loan for Post Graduate degree Must not be older than 31 years
- Applicants applying for a loan for Ph.D. degree Must not be older than 36 years
Types of Student Loans Available
These student loans will be available to cover different expenses related to education, such as:
- Schedule (Tuition) Fee
- Accommodation fee
- Both of these will be paid directly to the university/college of the student by NBP
- Charges of Textbooks ( given to the students directly)
Eligible Subjects/Fields of Study for Loan:
- Oil Gas & Petro-Chemical Technology
- Biology, Molecular Biology & Genetics
- Other Natural Sciences
- DAWA and Islamic Jurisprudence (LL.B/LL.M Sharia)
- Computer Science/Information
System and Technology including hardware.
- Economics, Statistics and Econometrics
- Business Management Sciences
What are the Repayment of Loans:
- The loans can be repaid within a time period of 10 years (starting from the time the 1st loan installment is given by the bank)
- The candidates will have to repay the loan within one year after they complete their Studies OR within 6months after they get a job (whichever happens first)
- Eligible Colleges/Universities
5th March 2020 is the last date to apply for the NBP Student Loans 2020 program.
How to Apply:
Application forms are available at some branches of the National Bank of Pakistan and can also be downloaded from their website. Completely filled Application forms should be submitted in NBP branches.
Official Website: Click Here
Best of Luck ❤️😘
You May Apply For:
- Brunei Scholarship Program 2020
- Summer Exchange Program in USA 2020 (Fully Funded)
- Royal Thai Govt. Scholarship 2020
Last Updated: 08 Jan 2020