- 1 Regional Summer School to Aman, Jordan 2019 (Fully Funded)
Regional Summer School to Aman, Jordan 2019 (Fully Funded)
The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung is arranging a Summer School for young changemakers to discuss important current issues. This Regional Summer School is an excellent opportunity for people to exchange ideas and share ideas about important issues. This summer school is also the perfect opportunity for participants to share their own experiences.
The Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung is an independent political foundation associated with the Green Party in Germany. It is represented through its offices in Palestine, Lebanon, Tunisia and Morocco.
Regional Summer School to Aman, Jordan Details:
- Program: Summer School Program
- Duration: July 29 – August 4, 2019
- Location: in Amman, Jordan.
- Topic: “Our Cities Our Future: Civic Engagement in Sustainable Urban Development”.
- Deadline: 8th June 2019
People from Jordan, Palestine, Lebanon, Tunisia, Morocco, Libya, Egypt, Iraq, and Syria can apply for This summer school.
This Summer School will concentrate on new approaches to sustainable urban development and citizen participation. It will discuss current urbanization and gentrification trends along with housing rights, safe public transport and the creation of green and accessible public spaces in the cities of the MENA region
Is funded Summer School will include lectures, focus groups, round table discussions, workshops, an excursion in the city of Amman and plenty of open space to debate with the other participants.
People who fulfill all the following points can apply for this summer school:
- Must be living in or have the nationality of any one of these countries: Palestine, Libya, Jordan, Tunisia, Lebanon, Libya, Egypt, Iraq, Syria, Morocco
- People who are applying should be 25 – 35 years old.
- People who are bringing a change in civil society, who are engaged in grassroots initiatives related to sustainable urban development, as well as researchers, should apply for the Summer School.
- People with different back grounds of study can apply: this includes social sciences, gender studies, political sciences, urban studies, architecture, environmental studies, and other fields can also apply.
This Funded Summer school covers:
- Travel cost of participants.
- Accommodation costs of the participants.
How to apply for Regional Summer School to Aman?
Candidates will have to apply for this summer school through email and attach a filled out application form (available below) with other documents.
In order to be considered for the Regional Summer School 2019, please submit the following documents:
• A filled out an application form.
• An updated curriculum vitae CV
• A short paper (2 pages maximum) concentrating on the topic of the Summer School and showing the applicant’s knowledge as well as their ability to work independently and creatively., the applicant should select a topic from within the subject area and point out its relevance to their local or national context, e.g. by introducing an exemplary project, a current debate etc. You can write the paper in form of an essay or a short academic paper
• A letter of motivation that describes your experience and knowledge about sustainable urban development and civic engagement.
• Remember to mention your interest and motivation for attending the summer school and mention t how the summer school could benefit you and how you could contribute to the program.
• The language of the summer school will be Arabic and English. A good command over English will be helpful for participants. Preparation material in English will be circulated before the Summer School. Therefore, please show your command of English in the motivation letter.
• Selected participants can be asked to prepare a short presentation on issues in urban development and challenges in their country or city and on how their projects react to these issues and challenges.
Please submit your application documents through email.
Applicants from Palestine and Jordan are asked to submit their application documents in English to:
- Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung Palestine & Jordan office in Ramallah,(email@example.com)
Applicants from Tunisia, Algeria, Libya and Egypt are asked to submit their application documents in English, Arabic, or French to:
- Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung Tunis, Ms. Henriette Raddatz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applicants from Lebanon, Iraq, and Syria are asked to submit their application documents in English, Arabic or French to:
- Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung Beirut, Ms. Corinne Deek (email@example.com)
Applicants from Morocco are asked to submit their application documents in English, Arabic, or French to:
- Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung Rabat, Ms. Fatima-Zohra Lamrani (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Official link: Click Here