The Branco Weiss Fellowship – Society in Science is offering the Unique Postdoc Fellowships Program 2020. The program is designed to provide support to postdoctoral researchers after their Ph.D. and before the first faculty appointment. It allows young researchers a generous research platform to work on any topic they choose anywhere in the world, for up to five years.
This program was initiated and financed by Swiss entrepreneur Dr. Branco Weiss, who passed away in October of 2010. The program is based at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich or ETH. The deadline for the registration is 15th January 2020 so read the eligibility criteria and apply yourselves.
Full Opportunities Network is sharing the latest Opportunities for international students & youth. You can also apply for other International Opportunities Dorothy Marchus Senesh Fellowship Program 2020 & Yale World Fellowship in USA 2020 (Fully Funded).
The Branco Weiss Fellowship Provisions:
- The fellowship will be given in two different installments or phases.
- The pioneer phase: the first two years of research
- The exploitation phase: the remaining three years
- At the end of the first phase, a review will be conducted which will evaluate the project of the fellows and its authenticity along with the level of productivity displayed by one.
- Participants are welcomed to take faculty positions during their exploitation phase, success hereby will not result in the rejection of fellowship.
- Host: Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich
- Program: Branco Weiss Fellowship 2020
- Location: Zurich
- Duration: 5 years
- Applicable For: Ph.D. holders (Researchers)
- Financial Support: CHF 100,000 per year
- Deadline: 15th January 2020
- A Branco Weiss Fellowship consists of CHF 100,000 per year. It may be used to cover all legitimate costs of research, salary, equipment, travel, consumables, accommodation, personnel, etc.
- The one who applies for high-level groundbreaking research will get financial support for up to 5 years.
The followings conditions must be fulfilled in order to apply for the fellowship. You should:
- Be a Ph.D. holder until the deadline.
- Have obtained your Ph.D. at least a maximum of & years before the deadline.
- Not hold or held any faculty position.
- Have your project departed from the mainstream of research in your respective discipline?
- Have a record of outstanding scientific achievement.
- Demonstrate in the proposal of a will to engage in conversation on legit social, cultural, political or economic issues across the frontier of your respective discipline.
- If you’ve applied before and got successful, you cannot apply.
- If you’ve applied before but weren’t selected, you can apply.
- Relevant reasons for delays in Ph.D. will be accepted if they are:
- Parental leave (max. 1 year per child)
- Inability to work because of severe illness or accident (in both cases, relevant documents will be asked for)
15th Jan 2020 is the last date to apply for The Branco Weiss Fellowship program in Switzerland.
- The applicant should have the following documents ready in a PDF file before applying.
- Letter of motivation (1 page or less)
- Your proposed research (4 pages or less)
- CV (4 pages or less)
- Copies of 3 best publications (no doctoral thesis, no books, only individual book chapters)
- Application overview which should provide a sufficient argument on why you think yourself as a perfect candidate for the fellowship.
- All documents must be submitted as PDF files (5 MBs or less)
- Doors for the application are open until 15th January 2020.
There is an Online Application Form:
Official Link: Click here
Best of Luck ❤️😘
You May Apply For:
- Essay Writing Competition 2019 by Full Opportunities
- Masters Scholarship in Germany, France & Italy 2020 (Fully Funded)
- University Of Waikato Excellence Scholarship 2020
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship 2020 (Fully Funded)
Full Opportunities Network highly encourages Students to The Branco Weiss Fellowship. We wish you all the best and feel free to contact us via email or Online Chat in case of any queries or confusion! Let us help you succeed!
Last Updated: 01 Dec 2019