Applicants are now invited to apply for the Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2020. The competition is hosted by the Royal Commonwealth Society for the year 2020. There isn’t any application fee to apply. The theme of this year’s competition is ‘Climate action and Commonwealth’.
The judges this year nee to hear all the voices of youth regardless of education and region or any other restriction. The QCEC is open for applicants of 18 years or under in age. All applicants will receive a certificate fo participation and winners and runner ups from junior and senior categories would receive a trip to London having different cultural and educational events.
The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay:
Youth is called upon to bring a positive change to the climate crisis and final panel judges want to know how youth together as a commonwealth can bring a massive change to overcome the current climate issue. The organization hopes powerful content this time too, so prove yourself.
Full Opportunities Network is sharing the latest Opportunities for international students & youth. You can also apply for other International Opportunities FO Essay Contest 2019 & Yale World Fellowship in USA 2020 (Fully Funded).
- Location: London, UK
- Host Organization: Royal Commonwealth Society
- Duration: Week
- Opportunity: Fully Funded
- Results: September 2020
- Deadline: 30th June 2020
- Certificate of participation to all applicants
- Trip to London for a week for winners and runner ups in both categories
- The entry featured in worldwide media
- Visits to Cambridge university
- Work experience at an international organization
- Applicants who are citizens and residents of commonwealth countries
- Under 18 for the senior category
- Under 14 for the junior category
Topics for the senior category:
- Imagine you are President of one of the Commonwealth’s 31 Small States and you have been invited to give a speech on Climate Change to other Commonwealth leaders, what will you say
- There is no Planet B: How will Climate Change affect you and your community?
- ‘We will never stop fighting for this planet’ – Greta Thunberg. How can young people make change happen?
- The destruction of the Oceans everyone’s concern.
Topics for junior category:
- Imagine you are Planet Earth, what would you say to Humans?
- A Blue Commonwealth: it is not too late to save our oceans. True or False?
- In 2019, students in more than 100 countries walked out of school to protest climate change. How can young people get their voices heard and make a difference?
- My planet, my place.
Terms and Conditions:
- Maximum word counts are 1,500 words for Senior entries and 750 words for Junior entries One entry per participant
- Only one topic choose
- Written in English
- Relevant to the age group
- Plagiarism not allowed
- Personal details sent to RCS branch and competition partners
- Only uploaded on a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx) or in PDF format (.pdf).
- Online applications should be submitted before 5 pm (GMT) on 30th June 2020
- Offline applications should be arrived at the RCS offices in London by 30th May 2020
- RCS can change the prize if circumstances happen
- Selected content would publish on RCS website
The last date to apply for The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2020 is 30th June 2020.
You have to apply for The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition 2020 online through the new platform designed by RCS, the link for that is given below:
There is an Online Application Form:
If you are unable to submit online or have no access to the internet, you may submit offline with the ‘entry form for offline applicants’ attached in front of your application on the address mentioned below:
The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition, The Royal Commonwealth Society, Commonwealth House 55- 58Pall Mall London SW1Y 5JH
- The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition, British High Commission, Julius Nyerere Links, PO Box 296
Americas and the Caribbean
- The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition, The Royal Commonwealth Society
P.O. Box 878
- The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition, Education Department
British Council, 30 Napier Road
- The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition, PO Box 10-741
NOTE: Please ensure your envelope is clearly labeled with ‘The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition’.
Official Link: Click here
Best of Luck ❤️😘
You May Apply For:
- Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship 2020 (Fully Funded)
- Masters Scholarship in Germany, France & Italy 2020 (Fully Funded)
- University Of Waikato Excellence Scholarship 2020
Full Opportunities Network highly encourages Students to The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition. We wish you all the best and feel free to contact us via email or Online Chat in case of any queries or confusion! Let us help you succeed!
Last Updated: 02 Dec 2019[ratings]