To study in the reputed universities of New Zealand has been a dream for many talented minds. Now, this is a valid chance to make your dream come true. The University Of Waikato is bringing all the interested applicants a funded program (University Of Waikato Excellence Scholarship 2020), initiated in 2015, to study at the University Of Waikato of Hamilton, New Zealand.
They are looking forward to accepting the applications of talented international students with any nationality to fund their studies up to NZD$ 10,000. Anyone who matches the eligibility criteria is welcomed to apply.
Full Opportunities Network is sharing the latest Opportunities for international students & youth. You can also apply for the other International Opportunities University of Alabama Scholarship in USA & Erasmus Exchange Program for Young Entrepreneurs 2020.
- Location: New Zealand
- Program: Scholarship
- Level: Undergraduate & Master
- Funding type: Funded
- Organization: University Of Waikato
- Deadline: 25 Nov 2019
Applicants should be a citizen of listed counties below in order to apply:
- North America: USA, Canada.
- Latin America: Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Chile, Ecuador.
- Europe: Germany, UK, France, Norway.
- Asia: China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Maldives, Combodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam.
- Middle East: Iran, Jordan.
- Africa: Kenya, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mauritius.
Eligibility Criteria Of Applicants:
- Applicants should belong to one of the countries listed above.
- Applicants should not be already enrolled in the University Of Waikato for any program or diploma.
- Applicants should not have already paid fees at the time of application.
- Applicants should be applying for the first time in undergraduate or postgraduate degrees (except for Ph.D. and MPhil) at the University Of Waikato.
- The applicant should not be a domestic student.
- Applicants should have a conditional or unconditional offer of place received.
- In the tenure year, applicants should be starting a full-time program of study with a total duration of at least 12 months at the university.
- Applicants should be residing in New Zealand after the occupation of scholarship or they can study 50% of their course online (this option may vary on availability).
- Applicants should not be admitted in a university through sponsorship of anybody else (e.g government, institutions, employers, etc.)
- Applicants will not be welcomed on Guaranteed Credit (admitting through their hometown university after they’ve made an agreement with University Of Waikato where the student will study a part of their degree)
- Applicants will not be welcomed if they are admitting through student exchange program.
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA equivalent to B+.
- Applicants should match the language requirements.
Applicants who do not speak English or Māori as their first language will be needed to match the language requirement and provide evidence for the proficiency of the English language in the form of IELTS or TOEFL score. Required scores can vary from subject to subject.
(Note: Applicants who have applied through the ‘National Certificate Of Educational Achievement’ are not required to submit any evidence of language proficiency.
For the English language required score for specific courses, please visit Official Waikato site.
- Scholarships in New Zealand program criteria consist of the following regulations.
- The amount of scholarship funds is NZD$ 10,000.
- The scholarship will be directly applied to tuition fees
- The scholarship is nontransferable.
- The scholarship will only be considered after the enrollment is completed.
- Applicants are required to apply for the student’s visa.
- Applicants will be required to pay their tuition fees for the first year.
- Selection Committee holds all the rights regarding scholarship and will only provide it after looking into matters like availability, grades of the applicant, financial need of the applicant, number of enrolled students, number of applicants, a period of enrollment, etc.
- University Of Waikato Excellence Scholarship Applications for the scholarship can be submitted at any time.
- Applications must intend to enroll for the date outlined in their offer of a place.
- Applications should be from overseas applicants.
- Applicants should submit their scholarship application before lodging a visa application for Newzealand.
Applications must include the following parts:
- A conditional or unconditional offer of place from the University Of Waikato.
- Applicants’ career goals.
- Applicants’ expectations from international education experience.
- Applicants’ additional skills.
- Valid reasons for applicants to be the perfect candidate and global ambassador for the University Of Waikato.
Scholarships will be selected on the educational merit and potential of the applicant.
Applications will be ranked by GPA and will be forwarded to the Selection Committee for evaluation.
The Selection Committee will form the Chair of the Scholarship Committee and Director.
The Selection Committee’s decision will be final.
No correspondence will be entertained in Selection Committee’s meetings.
Result And Acceptance:
- Decisions will be made within 8 to 12 weeks after the submission of the application. Applicants will receive a result after the selection meetings.
- Successful Applicants will receive a scholarship that will only be valid for acceptance for 2 weeks. Applicants must accept the scholarship within the mentioned due date otherwise it will not be valid.
- Once the acceptance form is received, applicants will receive an official and final scholarship offer. This may include their student visa application.
- Successful applicants will be allowed to pay the full tuition fee amount minus the scholarship amount stated in the offer, but they’ll have to provide their Scholarship Offer to Immigration New Zealand.
- If, for any reason, the enrollment is not completed and the student begins to study at the University Of Waikato within 12 months, they may ask for a postponement of the scholarship through a written request at email@example.com.
- If the scholarship is not accepted or postponed within a time allowed, the scholarship will be withdrawn.
- The tenure is one year and the scholarship will only be valid for 12 months of the date listed in their offer of a place.
University Of Waikato Excellence Scholarship – Terms And Conditions:
- Applicants should read terms and conditions before applying.
- University Of Waikato Excellence Scholarship cannot take place at the same time as the scholarship from any other university or educational organization.
- This scholarship is not refundable to the students.
Scholarships Committee holds the right to terminate scholarship due to any of the following reasons:
- Withdrawal from exams without adding sufficient exams to maintain enrollment.
- Changes to qualification not covered in this scholarship.
- Not keeping up with the conditions of the student visa.
- Changes to a domestic student within the period of scholarship e.g 12 months.
- Withdrawal from the university during the period of scholarship e.g 12 months.
- Not going by the rules of the university.
- Causing any disciplinary issues.
- Causing a bad image of the university.
- Not keeping up with the rules governing the scholarship.
- If the scholarship is canceled or terminated, the student will have a right to object in written form at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Successful applicants will be required and agreed to take part in any promotional activity, the event is held in the University Of Waikato during the scholarship period e.g 12 months.
Scholarship Committee holds the right to bring change in any of the regulations or conditions.
25 Nov 2019 is the last date to apply for the University Of Waikato Excellence Scholarship program.
How to Apply:
There is an online application form and Link is given below:
Best of Luck ❤️😘
You May Apply For:
- Essay Writing Competition 2019 by Full Opportunities
- Summer Exchange Program in USA 2020 (Fully Funded)
- Young Scientists Program in Austria 2020 (Summer Program)
Full Opportunities Network highly encourages Students to apply for the University Of Waikato Excellence Scholarship. We wish you all the best and feel free to contact us via email or Online Chat in case of any queries or confusion! Let us help you succeed!
Last Updated: 19 Nov 2019