Applications are now open for Women Startup Challenge 2020 at Google in NYC on Sept 22, 2020. It is for women who have the potential to be one of the leading businesswomen in the future. Women who own or have a leading role in startups, those of which who use technology to advance, and innovation thriving in their businesses.
It is said that the 2000s is the era of women, nevertheless entering into the race much later than men, have made brands, name, money, and what not to have seriously stepped their game up and are now competing neck to neck with men.
About Women Startup Challenge:
This is an opportunity for such women who have just begun and are making products that help solve the globe’s biggest, significant, and consequential issues. Using technology and innovation in their products approach, to scale largely on the national and international level, contrary to the traditional small scale business; Referring to the key “women who tech”.
Women Startup Challenge – Grant:
$50,000 will be given in the form of a cash grant by google inc., a further $25,000 will be awarded by the W fund. All 10 finalist will receive pro-bono services along with one on one consultation with several respectable investors, who may be impressed then incest in the business which in turn will lead the startup to reach the stars.
Launched in partnership with Craig Newmark, who is the founder of craigslist, and Craig Newmark Philanthropies, this Women Start-Up Challenge 2020 will be judged by the jury which includes personalities like Susan Layne, anil dash, tess hatch.
Investors such as Kofi Tampa do, kate burdock will be the ones who will be present at investors mentoring day to mentor and consult those 10 lucky and diligent finalists in one on one meetings.
Technology in the Business:
Originality and constant upgradations of the technology and advancement in the business is appreciated tot he points where these two things may lead to a candidate getting selected and be along with the finalists. They will then further get to pitch their product on google in new york city on 22nd of September, 2020, to the biggest investors listed below (check them out!)
All finalists have to prove themselves worthy of the prizes given, through the pitches they have been given the platform to turn their businesses and themselves into ultimate success.
Candidates are required to not have any kind of relationship with any investor or judges, not any allowed to communicate with them before the application.
Women Startup Challenge – Conditions:
It is important to know that prior women startup challenge finalists are not eligible to apply unless they have a new startup or a new product serving the criteria for the product which is global friendly. Finalists from the women startup challenge podcasts are however eligible to apply for the in-person women startup challenge. The finalists need to attend both the women startup challenge and the investor mentoring day.
10 finalists will receive pitch coaching with women who tech’s professional pitch coach, as well as one on one consultation. Apply as soon as you can this opportunity isn’t the one to let past through your hands.
Full Opportunities Network shares the latest scholarships and youth opportunities: Join FO Telegram Group or Install our App.
- Location: NewYork city
- Host Organization: Google
- Seats: 10
- Program: Competition
- Opportunity: $75,000 cash prize
- Results: early sept
- Deadline: 31st May 2020
- $50,000 – google
- $25,000- W Fund
- One-on-one consultation with biggest investors
- It is gender restricted. It is for Women only.
- It should particularly be a new startup. And your venture must be at a prototype stage, or shoulder already been launched, it isn’t advised to apply if the business is on the conceptual stage.
- The business should not have Earned more than $4.1 million from combined sources
- Your product and mission must be tech-focused along any vertical
- Fast-growing degrees of innovation
- Your startup must incorporate technology into the product so that the potential and worth of the product would be such that it would be grown on a large scale globally, opposite to the traditional businesses which tend to remain a small -scale business.
- You are a technical founder or have a technical co-founder Originality
- The startup must be located in North America
- All applications must be submitted in English
- All pitches must be given in English
- All applications would be accepted online through the application portal on reviwer.com
- No applicant may reach out to the judges, sponsors, and/or partners in advance of the women startup challenge 2020, who does will be automatically disqualified
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis from February 25 until 31st May 2020 at 11:59 pm PT
- If you do not have a technical founder or co-founder, email them at firstname.lastname@example.org and them the organization more about your setup they’ll see what to do and guide you further.
- Please note that selling a product on your website, hosting a blog, or using social media in your marketing plan does not qualify as using tech to scale massively on a national and global level.
- The idea must be original work or an improvement on an existing idea without infringement.
- You must be a woman-led startup having at least one women the team
- If you have any conflict of interest, please reach out to the women who tech team before submitting your application.
- Travel and accommodation expense has to be met by the candidate herself in new york city.
The last date to apply for Women Startup Challenge 2020 is 31st may 2020, 11:59 pm.
How to Apply:
You need to fill an online application. The link is given below:
Official Link: Click Here
Women Who Tech reserves the right to select and reject winners at any time, and may add finalists to any round of the competition to give more entrepreneurs access to the Women Startup Challenge. Yes, only applications will be accepted.
Women, who tech have what right over finalist?
Are only online applications accepted?
Women Who Tech reserves the right to select and reject winners at any time, and may add finalists to any round of the competition to give more entrepreneurs access to the Women Startup Challenge.
Yes, only applications will be accepted.
You May Apply in Free Online Courses with Certificates in USA 2020
Last Updated: 03 May 2020