Applications are now open to apply for World Bank Internship Program. Students at the World Bank Legal Vice Presidency have an opportunity to learn about the World Bank’s mission and work; as well as what the Legal Vice Presidency does.
By providing legal internship opportunities at the World Bank, interested individuals can gain new perspectives into the organization’s daily operations, enhance their legal strategies, and develop their legal skills while working in a multicultural environment.
About World Bank Internship Program:
This program aims to provide you with first-hand experience of the day-to-day operations of the World Bank by closely collaborating with Legal Vice Presidency staff. You will work directly with our development professionals and senior management during your internship.
During the summer and winter months, a three-month legal internship is offered at the World Bank’s headquarters in Washington, DC. Certain offices in selected countries accept applications from law students enrolled in law schools.
- Location: World Bank Headquarters in Washington, D.C., and in other selected country offices.
- Duration: 03 Months
- Opportunity: Internship
- Deadline: 30 Sept 2021
You must apply for Summer Exchange program in Germany 2022
Eligibility Criteria of the World Bank Internship Program:
- The applicant must be a citizen of one of the IBRO member states.
- The applicant must hold an active law degree, e.g. A law degree, a master’s degree, a doctorate, or equivalent program.
- A policy of insurance that is internationally recognized must be presented by the applicant.
- University or other funding organizations must be able to remunerate the applicant in accordance with WB policies.
- The applicant will be preferred if he/she knows any of the working languages of WB (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
- You can apply both nationally and internationally.
Internships Duration and Types:
- Summer Internship Program: The application period is 20 weeks (usually between June and August, but some internships may be as short as two weeks).
- Fall Internship Program: Applications will be accepted from April 1 to April 30 (the internship period is 10-12 weeks, typically between September and November, depending on prevailing needs).
- Spring Internship Program: Applications will be accepted beginning September 1 and ending September 30 (The internship period will be ten to twelve weeks, typically between March and May, depending on the need).
Benefits of World Bank Internship Program:
- They will be invited to participate in conferences and high-profile events.
- The Legal Vice Presidency will provide the interns with the opportunity to practice law alongside the most talented professionals.
- Interns will have a three-month internship while they are enrolled in law school, university, or institute.
- An internship at the headquarters of the World Bank can be arranged in Washington, D.C. In certain countries, certain offices are available.
- WB offers its students three opportunities for an internship to choose from every year – summer internships, fall internships, winter internships, and spring internships.
- In special cases, the WB offers visa assistance to interns
How to apply for World Bank Internship Program?
Please submit the Online google form with the required documents:
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of enrollment in a law degree (LLB, JD, LLM, SJD, Ph.D., or equivalent) and academic transcript(s).
- Short essay
30 Sept 2021 is the last date to apply for World Bank Internship Program.
Note: For complete information please visit the official website.