Applications are now open for Young Leaders Access Program which fully funded and would occur at the end of July 2020. The program is hosted by MCW Global along with the partnership of African organizations. The program would be held in three phases: Summer retreat, Vision planning, and Alumni mentorship and ongoing support.
Participants who are ready to become leaders globally and bring positive change in their communities by developing skills that are needed to change a passion into action! MCW is a non-profit working organization aiming for societies around the world to improve in terms of education, health, and economic security. Their mission is to empower young leaders to fulfill the needs of communities around them. No IELTS or TOEFL is needed to apply for this youth program.
About Young Leaders Access Program:
This program has three phases:
1. Summer retreat:
It would facilitate leadership development, self-awareness, a deep understanding of global citizenship and how to implement a project. Along with MCW Global team members, alumni mentors and volunteer participants would also have an opportunity to hear from experts of academia, civil society, development, and the public and private sectors about their own projects.
2. Vision planning ( project development):
Participants would come with a problem to be addressed in their communities with the aim to transform their passion to solve into making plans in order to bring change. They would explore their position for making a change and would see their issues globally and would think which plans and tools are needed to make things happen the way they want. After the 10 day program, participants are expected to implement their plans with the cooperation of their mentors.
3. Alumni mentorship and ongoing support:
Young leaders would be paired with heir mentors who guide them throughout the program in their actions. During the year, mentors would communicate with participants and support them. Alumni mentors would get training before the program in order to maintain cultural competency and enhance team-building between the participants.
Full Opportunities #FO is sharing the latest Opportunities and Scholarships for international students & youth. You can also apply for other International Opportunities Winter Korea Cultural Exchange Program 2020 in Seoul & University of Tokyo Summer Internship in Japan 2020 (Fully Funded).
- Location: New York City, New York, and Burlington, Vermont
- Host Organization: MCW Global
- Duration: July 21th to July 30th, 2020
- Results: 1st April 2020
- Opportunity: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 5th January 2020
- Round trip air travel
- Dometic transportation
- Basic travel health insurance
- A refundable deposit fee of USD 100 paid before 3rd May 2020
NOTE: Deposit fee for an application to YOUNG LEADERS ACCESS PROGRAM would only be refunded to those selected applicants who would stay at the program after July 28th, 2020. A deposit fee can only be paid by Stripe or PayPal.
- Commitment to community
- Age between 18 to 26
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Commitment to attend the 10-day program.
- Eligible to apply for required visa and travel documents
- Access to email in order to communicate with mentors during the long year program.
Resume (in English, at least 1 page written in times new roman,12 font with 1-inch margin)
Two letters of recommendation (official, signed and dated, family and friends are discouraged to provide, name, position, and relationship should be written on the top)
Online application form (completed)
Answers of the following essay questions:
Identify an issue in your community that concerns you. How would you address this issue?
Describe one time you have faced a challenge and used a leadership skill to come up with a solution.
- Applications open: 15th November 2019
- Application close: 5th January 2020
- Shortlisting: 3rd February 2020, second round opens
- The second round closes: 21st February 2020
- Interviews with alumni: 2nd to 28th March 2020
- Acceptance letters sent out: 1st April 2020
- Program duration: 21st July 2020-30th July 2020
The last date to apply for the Young Leaders Access Program is 5th January 2020.
To apply for the Young Leaders Access Program follow the steps below and apply on the link mentioned:
- Click the application link (Given Below)
- Provide general information in the form
- Answer all the essay questions as required
- Upload resume
- Upload two letters of recommendation
- Review and submit
- Shortlisted applicants would then be asked to give brief needs statements describing their community’s issue and its potential solutions in a much-explained way If selected, candidates would be called for an interview with the alumni of the program.
- Applicants would be notified about their results by April 1st, 2020
There are an Online Application Form and link for Complete Application Process is given below:
Official Link: Click here
Best of Luck ❤️😘
You May Apply For:
- Essay Writing Competition 2019 by Full Opportunities
- Masters Scholarship in Germany, France & Italy 2020 (Fully Funded)
- Erasmus Exchange Program for Young Entrepreneurs 2020
- LPI Summer Internship Program 2020 – USA (Fully Funded)
- Hansen Summer Exchange Program to USA – 2020 (Fully Funded)
Full Opportunities Network highly encourages Students to Apply in the Young Leaders Access Program. We wish you all the best and feel free to contact us via email or Online Chat in case of any queries or confusion! Let us help you succeed!
Last Updated: 01 Dec 2019